The Council of American Jewish Museums is pleased to offer a limited number of competitive fellowships for attending the 2018 CAJM conference in Washington, DC. Fellowships will be awarded to provide conference registration fee, plus (shared) hotel room. Recipients or their employer will be responsible for travel expenses that go beyond registration fee and hotel room.
A maximum of one fellowship will be awarded per institution, and former recipients are not eligible to apply again.
Fellowships are intended for candidates in one of these categories:
- Professionals employed by a Jewish museum (that is a current CAJM member institution) with 1-6 years employment experience in the field, yet have not yet attended a CAJM conference
- Other employees of CAJM member institutions who have not yet attended a CAJM conference and who show special dedication and talent in the field
- CAJM Individual Members who work regularly with CAJM member institutions
Winning fellowship recipients will be required to attend the conference in full and to participate in follow-up evaluation as requested.
To apply, please submit the following materials by Friday, JANUARY 12, 2018:
- A cover letter (on letterhead, no more than two sides) discussing your current responsibilities and the value to you and your institution of attending the CAJM conference
- Your current resume
- A letter of recommendation from your executive director or immediate supervisor
Please email application materials to Melissa Martens Yaverbaum, CAJM Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection and notification of awards will be completed by JANUARY 22, 2017. If an awardee has already registered for the conference, that registration fee will be refunded. If an applicant who is not selected wishes to register after notification, the Early Bird registration discount will be extended to that applicant.