Through training of museum staff and volunteers, information exchange, and advocacy on behalf of Jewish museums, CAJM strengthens the Jewish-museum field in North America.
1. Professional development
2. Discounted conference fees
3. Monthly e-newsletter
4. Free admission reciprocity ...
Sign Up for CAJM's Monthly E-News
- Spotlight :
Stimulating SpacesThe Morris & Sally Justein Heritage Museum (Toronto), Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust, Mizel Museum (Denver) and National Museum of American Jewish History (Philadelphia) inspire visitors with artifacts, stories, technology, and new perspectives.
News of Note
- A New Warsaw Museum Devoted to Jewish-Polish History
- Ninety per cent of Poland’s Jews died in the Holocaust. But now a bold – architecturally and intellectually – new museum looks beyond the horror to celebrate a common heritage…
- Suspect Held in Jewish Museum Killings
- French authorities announced Sunday that they had arrested a man in the killing of three people on May 24 at the Jewish Museum in Brussels, identifying the suspect as a 29-year-old Frenchman with a long criminal history who had traveled to Syria last year to join with radical Islamist fighters there.…
- More News Stories
- 05/07/2014 Hush Lifted Over Awards for Nation's Libraries and Museums
- 04/21/2014 For Audiences as Varied as an Ark Full of Animals
- 01/07/2014 Benefactors Gives MFA a Solid Base in Judaica
- 01/06/2014 How Jewish Museums Are Expanding Into the Digital Universe
- 11/11/2013 Pressure Mounts to Return Nazi-Looted Art
- 09/11/2013 Foundation For Jewish Culture To Close Next Year
- 09/03/2013 Jewish Treasures to Return to Iraq
- 08/29/2013 Jewish museums are good for the Jews — and for everyone
- 07/22/2013 Alaska Opens its First Jewish Museum
- 05/22/2013 Mushrooming Museums
- 03/18/2013 The 2013 Council of American Jewish Museums Conference
- 09/03/2012 Israel's Holocaust Museums Evolve
- 06/28/2012 George Washington Letter Comes to NMAJH
- 06/11/2012 Jewish Museum of Florida Allies with University
- 04/12/2012 After a Seder on E Street, a Museum Beckons
- 04/03/2012 Israel Museum Showcased in Google Art Project
- >>>>>> See all News Stories
CAJM's next national gathering, Open Source: Jewish Museums and Collaborative Culture, will take place March 8-10, 2015 in California's Bay Area.