Through training of museum staff and volunteers, information exchange, and advocacy on behalf of Jewish museums, CAJM strengthens the Jewish-museum field in North America.
1. Professional development
2. Discounted conference fees
3. Monthly e-newsletter
4. Free admission reciprocity ...
Sign Up for CAJM's Monthly E-News
- Spotlight :
Museums Large and Small Make an ImpactRich collections and experiences can be found at The Jewish Museum in New York City; the Rabbi Irving and Marly Koslowe Judaica Gallery in Mamaroneck, NY; the Temple Judea Museum at Temple Keneseth Israel in Elkins Park, PA; and the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, DC.
News of Note
- Benefactors Gives MFA a Solid Base in Judaica
- Recently philanthropist Lynn Schusterman made a donation of 119 objects to Boston's Museum of Fine Arts, an important infusion into a collection that, until now, numbered just 12 works.…
- How Jewish Museums Are Expanding Into the Digital Universe
- Leadership teams at Jewish museums across the country have been grappling for some time with what it means to have virtual visitors. In the age of Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and Tumblr, Jewish museums are strategizing about how to share their collections with and engage people all over the world who might never walk through their buildings' front doors. The subject of how new media is impacting Jewish museums will be high on the agenda of the Council of American Jewish Museums' upcoming retreat in March, titled, "Connecting to Communities in Changing Times."…
- More News Stories
- 11/11/2013 Pressure Mounts to Return Nazi-Looted Art
- 09/11/2013 Foundation For Jewish Culture To Close Next Year
- 09/03/2013 Jewish Treasures to Return to Iraq
- 08/29/2013 Jewish museums are good for the Jews — and for everyone
- 07/22/2013 Alaska Opens its First Jewish Museum
- 05/22/2013 Mushrooming Museums
- 03/18/2013 The 2013 Council of American Jewish Museums Conference
- 09/03/2012 Israel's Holocaust Museums Evolve
- 06/28/2012 George Washington Letter Comes to NMAJH
- 06/11/2012 Jewish Museum of Florida Allies with University
- 04/12/2012 After a Seder on E Street, a Museum Beckons
- 04/03/2012 Israel Museum Showcased in Google Art Project
- >>>>>> See all News Stories
CAJM's national gathering took place March 23-25, 2014 at the Bon Secours Retreat and Conference Center near Baltimore, MD.